[MlMt] Should I remove gmail labels completely ?

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 12:52:45 EDT 2017

On 4 Jul 2017, at 7:28, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> You certainly should not abandon your current mailbox structure. It
> should work fine in MailMate as long as you can live with having them
> under SOURCES.

I use Gmail, and I got around the need to have the Gmail folders shown
under Sources by creating smart mailboxes with "mailboxes" set to the
relevant Source mailbox (=Gmail folder/label) and no conditions. That
lets me hide the Sources and show all my relevant mailboxes together,
and do a high-level sort into Gmail IMAP folders (work-related,
hobby-related, church-related, other) that is useful when I'm not using
MailMate (usually because I'm on an iOS device), and also use MailMate's
incredibly powerful smart-searching and filtering capabilities to
further categorize my email when I'm on my desktop machine.

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com