[MlMt] Trash or Deleted Messages?

Mon Jan 23 06:26:21 EST 2017

On 23 Jan 2017, at 12:15, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> (I've been hesitating making any features which involves deleting
> anything automatically, because it also opens up the possibility of
> bugs with serious consequences, but it might soon be time to at least
> add the rule action needed for a smart mailbox.)

The next update of MailMate is going to have “Delete” and “Delete
Permanently” rule actions available. This means that one could create
a smart mailbox matching emails older than x days (use “Date-Received
is less than X days”). This smart mailbox can then have a rule which
permanently deletes anything which matches the condition. Note that this
only works if MailMate is always an open application, but this is a
general issue with date-based rules. The “Delete” action simply
moves an email to the assigned mailbox for trash in the related account
(this is/was also possible using the “Move Message” action so it's
kind of redundant).