[MlMt] Apply Rules on Inbox

Tue Jan 17 07:25:05 EST 2017

On 16 Jan 2017, at 14:48, David Ledger wrote:

> When a message is added to a mailbox, are all the messages in there
> scanned against the rules or only that message that was transferred?

Only the added message. Currently there is no option to make rules
“persistent”. This would primarily be useful for date-based
conditions. Theoretically (implementation-wise), it would be equivalent
to putting the conditions of a rule into a smart mailbox and then have
rules with actions only.

> Is there ant way to trigger a scan of all messages in a mailbox
> externally, say using cron?

I'm afraid not. You can do the GUI actions using `perform` via
[AppleScript](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/custom_key_bindings#applescript),
but that'll then require selecting the mailbox and the messages which
would probably be pretty annoying if using MailMate when the cron-event
is triggered.

What you need is a way to trigger `applyRules:` for a specific mailbox
without it affecting the GUI. I'll keep that in mind.