[MlMt] Incorrect name-address combination

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Wed Jan 4 12:29:58 EST 2017

I just sent out an invitation to a small party. I meant it to go to
First Person <first at example.com>, Second Person <second at example.com.
Instead, it was sent to First Person <first at example.com>, Second Person
<otherguy at another.com>. In other words, Second Person didn't get my
messageā€”a third person did, whose email address was somehow associated
with Second Person's name after I typed "Sec" in the To field and
selected Second Person from the list of completions.

Third Person is not yet in my Apple contacts, although Second Person is.
I just searched all my messages for messages where Third Person is on
the addressee list, and I couldn't find any other messages, from me or
from other senders, where Third Person's address is associated with
Second Person's name. I did find several where Second Person's address
appeared in full form (Second Person <second at example.com>), and Third
Person appeared in address-only form (otherguy at another.com) adjacent to
it.

Socially, I'm not in a mess, since I like Third Person just fine and am
happy to have him over. (That was lucky.) Appwise, though, things are
still confused--whenever I start to type Second Person in the To field,
one of the completions I'm presented with is the incorrect association.

- Can I erase this incorrect association somehow? I tried using the
arrow keys to select it in the completion list and pressed Delete, but
that had no effect.

- Should this be considered a bug in MailMate? Because I can't think of
any reason why Third Person's address should have been associated with
Second Person's name.

Thanks,
John Cooper