[MlMt] Calendar Events

Fri Aug 11 09:14:06 EDT 2017

On 10 Aug 2017, at 23:59, Dmitry M wrote:

> I used to be able to click on events in Calendar, right click that is,
> and select "mail event". In Mail.app that yielded a new message with
> an .ics file attached. This file can be clicked on (on the other
> recipients side) so that the event would be added to the calendar.
> With MailMate, when I do the same set of tasks, I end up with just
> that text that tells me the particulars of the event. No ICS file.

I'm afraid that this depends on the behavior of Calendar. There's no
standard way to do this other than via a “Share” button which is not
used here. Apparently Calendar does something special when the default
application is Apple Mail.

That said, it appears one can also not drag the even into an email. I'll
see if that can be improved.

> I'd like to include the ICS file for other party's convenience. What
> can I do to enable this in mail mate?

You can drag an event to the Finder and then drag the resulting file
into an email. It also works for me if I drag the event directly onto
the MailMate icon.

(I'm guessing it would also be possible to create an AppleScript which
can do it using the extended `mailto:` URL scheme available for
[MailMate](https://manual.mailmate-app.com/extended_url_scheme).)