[MlMt] What is a Red message?

Mon Aug 7 10:00:17 EDT 2017

On 3 Aug 2017, at 0:02, Rob McBroom wrote:

> On 2 Aug 2017, at 11:24, Ralph Alvy wrote:
>
>> What does it mean when a message is red and can’t be deleted?
>
> I think it means the message has been flagged for deletion, but not
> actually removed yet. Someone who actually knows should confirm,
> though.

I guess that would be me.

> I usually see these when deleting with another client, then viewing
> the same folder in MailMate.

Well, there are two kinds of “red”:

* A red dot (instead of the blue unread dot) means that another email
client has marked it for deletion using the `\Deleted` IMAP keyword.
MailMate tries to not interfere with whatever this email client is doing
and is very careful about not deleting it for real.

* Red text in the message list means that MailMate has been told to
delete the message permanently. This usually only happens for emails in
“Deleted Messages”. It'll disappear when the deletion has been done
server side.

I hope that makes it a bit more clear (although I left out some
details).