[MlMt] Automatically print to PDF

Mon Aug 7 09:32:33 EDT 2017

On 27 Jul 2017, at 11:06, Esteban Umerez wrote:

> Is there a way to automate the saving to pdf part? I’m thinking
> about this: I tag a message with a tag like ‘Print’, on received
> messages or even while I’m writing a new draft, and that tag
> triggers some script that opens the Print dialogue and saves the
> message to PDF, in my Actions Folder.
>
> Is there anyone who knows if this is possible or has some similar
> workflow? Maybe a mailbox Rule that watches for tags and runs a
> command?

It would certainly be possible to create a bundle command which is
executed when adding a tag, but the hard part is to automate the
printing. That is, you can easily send a file to printing using the `lp`
command, but you first need to convert the `.eml` file to something
nicer like the `pdf` file generated by MailMate before printing. So, the
missing feature you need is to be able to tell MailMate to export a
`.pdf` file instead of the raw `.eml` file. Alternatively, see if you
can locate some third party command to do this conversion.