[MlMt] BusyContacts and MailMate integration

Blayne Puklich blayne at puklich.com
Wed Apr 26 18:58:20 EDT 2017

So Zak, let me ask you a question.

I noticed something quite peculiar when checking the default mail client
from within Apple Mail on the MacBook Pro that doesn’t work. The list
of choices is HUGE, includes repeated application names and includes
applications other than actual mail clients. Same in MailMate, the list
is HUGE.

In System Preferences > General, checking the Default web browser shows
another HUGE list of choices, many repeated application names and a lot
of apps that aren’t browsers.

The MacBook Air shows the expected behavior for both, a nice short list
of mail clients and a nice short list of web browsers. Also, the MacBook
Air never had the “El Capitan default mail client change not
sticking” problem when I installed MailMate and chose it as the
default mail client.

Can you check your Mac to see if you’re seeing the same thing? And did
you have trouble choosing the default mail client?

---
Blayne Puklich             Minneapolis, MN       PGP Key ID: 0xC52CA6C1
* mailto:blayne at puklich.com
          I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.