[MlMt] BusyContacts and MailMate integration

Fri Apr 28 08:24:35 EDT 2017

On 26 Apr 2017, at 2:23, Blayne Puklich wrote:

> I’ve trudged through the mailing list archives and done quite a bit
> of Googling to try and figure out why the BusyContacts and MailMate
> integration doesn’t work. BusyContacts just won’t show email
> activity.
>
> Indexing is enabled in MailMate. The Custom Location is enabled and
> left as the home directory.

For the record, enabling indexing should be sufficient for this to work.
(And I just tried and it appears to work for me with BusyContacts.)

> Spotlight finds emails just fine via multiple searches - name, email
> address, etc.
>
> MailMate is the default mailer.
>
> .eml files open with MailMate.
>
> I even logged out of iCloud and back in, just for kicks.

iCloud should not play a part in this.

> Is this working for anyone else? Any other things for me to try?
> Thanks much in advance!

Maybe the problem with the many options in the email client popup is
somehow related (although I don't know how). You might want to try
resetting [launch
services](https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/rebuild-launchservices-fix-duplicate-entries-os-xs-open-menu/).