[MlMt] Bug in preserving format=flowed text from external editors?

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Tue Apr 11 07:36:09 EDT 2017

I've recently noticed some erratic behaviour with format=flowed.

I use Vim to write email and it's configured to preserve spaces at the
end of lines and all the other space stuffing required by f=f (:setlocal
fo+=w).  Sometimes, when I exit the editor though, I find my text
rewrapped and the trailing whitespace missing.  But not always in all
paragraphs.  Editing in the external editor again indeed shows the
trailing whitespace has gone.

MailMate seems to be better at preserving trailing whitespace in replies
than in new messages, if that helps.  For instance: I typed this message
in Vim but the only way to get the flowed format was to remove hard line
breaks in MailMate.

Is there a way to configure MailMate not to strip trailing whitespace
from buffers messages edited externally?  Or perhaps to debug its
behaviour when it gets the rewrapping wrong?

Thanks.
Philip

--
Philip Paeps