[MlMt] Help sending from account

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Fri Sep 30 10:07:49 EDT 2016

I have an email address that I use frequently, but which is really just
a forwarding address that I read in my iCloud inbox.

When I try to send a message from that address, MM2 pops up an alert
saying:

> Unexpected return code 550 (expected 250):
> “5.7.0 From address is not one of your addresses.”.
>
> Tip: Open the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0) before retrying. The SMTP log
> file might provide additional information.

The Activity Viewer shows that the error message is coming from my
me.com (iCloud) account.

How do I get MM2 to stop trying the me.com SMTP server and use another
one? The address is listed in that other source account as an email
belonging to me.

(Hoping this will work, btw, with another server that will let the mail
go through.)

John