[MlMt] Quoted text weirdness

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Wed Sep 28 09:43:44 EDT 2016

I haven’t quite sussed out all the behavior yet, but there’s
definitely some weirdness for me in how MM2 handles quoted text in a
reply.

First, I have “only include selected text” checked. And I only use
plaintext.

Some issues:

1. Often a spurious blank line is inserted at the end of the quoted
text. (For example if I reply to a plaintext message with a quotation in
it at the end.)
2. Quoted text will lose internal blank lines.
3. In a non-plaintext message, quoting already quoted text won’t work
and all the originally quoted text loses its line breaks and doesn’t
get “double-quoted”.

I could probably come up with some example, but I’m curious whether
others see this.

John