[MlMt] Help sending from account

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Fri Sep 30 10:19:02 EDT 2016

On 30 Sep 2016, at 10:07, John D. Muccigrosso wrote:

> I have an email address that I use frequently, but which is really
> just a forwarding address that I read in my iCloud inbox.
>
> When I try to send a message from that address, MM2 pops up an alert
> saying:
>
>> Unexpected return code 550 (expected 250):
>> “5.7.0 From address is not one of your addresses.”.
>>
>> Tip: Open the Activity Viewer (⌥⌘0) before retrying. The SMTP log
>> file might provide additional information.
>
> The Activity Viewer shows that the error message is coming from my
> me.com (iCloud) account.
>
> How do I get MM2 to stop trying the me.com SMTP server and use another
> one? The address is listed in that other source account as an email
> belonging to me.
>
> (Hoping this will work, btw, with another server that will let the
> mail go through.)

Responding to myself.

Turned out that this works fine once I create a new message. MM2 seems
to have been stuck on using the me.com account to send the message even
after I had removed that address from the iCloud list of addresses. When
I made a new message with the address already moved off that list and
onto the other server, it worked fine.

John