[MlMt] GPG banner flicker in preview

Fri Sep 23 07:59:55 EDT 2016

On 22 Sep 2016, at 0:51, Sean Johnson wrote:

> Typically I leave the preview pane visible at the bottom of the
> compose window so I can see how things will look as I’m going along.
> I also use GPG, which works fine for signing, etc. The problem is that
> while typing the green bar for the “Trusted signature for OpenPGP
> message.” piece keeps flickering in and out as I type. Is there a
> way to either disable that piece without disabling preview completely,
> or is this just a general bug?

Although I cannot reproduce the flickering, it could be seen as a more
general issue. OpenPGP (and S/MIME) related actions should ideally
happen on a separate thread since they can be slow for some users. At
some point I need to look into this, but it's not going to be soon.

(Let me know if you find some pattern to this behavior such that I might
be able to reproduce the flickering myself. Maybe there's a quick fix
for that.)