[MlMt] Multiple email addresses per user in OS X Contacts and Mailmate

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Wed Sep 14 10:09:07 EDT 2016

On 14 Sep 2016, at 9:50, Rob Willett wrote:

> The list is dynamic, parents change jobs (and email addresses),
> ISP’s, kids leave, new kids join. At the moment I have an Excel
> spreadsheet which I can cut and paste, but thats not a good solution
> as its a multiple step process. The Contacts app *should* do this but
> somebody at Apple decided to limit group contacts to a single email
> address.

One of the things in MM that makes this more difficult is that, unlike
in Mail.app, when you click on an address in the to: field, you don’t
have the option of switching to another of that card’s addresses.

PS If you have to update a list, the Text Expander option isn’t any
more difficult than a spreadsheet. But Thomas seems to have the right
idea: Contacts does allow this, even if it’s an ugly interface. :-)
Not sure you can have two addresses for one person though, but that
would not be a negative for me. Who wants to get two copies of the same
thing? :-)

John