[MlMt] Stop automatic download of incoming messages

Mon Sep 12 05:35:03 EDT 2016

On 10 Sep 2016, at 20:39, Paul Sture wrote:

> On 10 Sep 2016, at 20:04, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> One of the few serious gaps in MM is the fact that you can only take
>> source accounts online and offline by selecting them in the Sources
>> list. It would be nice to have (like TBird and Outlook and Mail.app)
>> a menu command to flip the online/offline switch for all accounts at
>> once or individually, akin to the File->Synchronize menu.
>
> I'd like to see a keyboard shortcut and a toolbar icon to toggle the
> online/offline state.

Technically, it's certainly not a problem to implement all of the above.
It comes up pretty often which means I should probably do something
about it :)

I could use it myself, but my problem is that I have a group of test
accounts which are offline most of the time. That would make the “Take
All Online” action pretty annoying to use. This is a different problem
though and is related to a different “request”: The ability to hide
unused accounts.

> Why both?  I do like driving everything from the keyboard, but I often
> enough read email with a cup of coffee or
> sandwich in one hand, and a mouse can be used with the other hand.

:-)