[MlMt] Tags/Keywords and Gmail Labels

Jim McCarty huckncatch at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:03:31 EDT 2016

Hello all,

While playing around with tags/keywords and Gmail labels, I found that
applying a label to a group of messages in a folder (22 of them, there
are 3 in sent messages that are not selected), then adding the Gmail
Label to the tag preference entry, all of the emails disappear. I can't
find them using tags or searching for the prefix applied to the subject
of all the list emails. Removing the Gmail label from the tag entry
allows them to be found again.

If I do this over and over, I get a couple different results. Sometimes
after applying the tag and then adding the Gmail label, the smart
mailbox I have set to look for the tag shows messages that are in the
sent folder (the 3 messages) but none of the messages I selected and
added the label to. When I remove the Gmail Label from the tag
preference entry, the messages reappear but sometimes they no longer
have the tag/keyword attached, sometimes they do.

I did one run where I made sure only the 22 messages had the tag and the
3 sent messages did not but adding the Gmail label to the tag preference
prevented access to the 22 messages and showed the 3 sent messages as
having the tag applied (only the 22 messages showed in the smart mailbox
prior).

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there's some kind of bug in
the app. I would appreciate if someone else could try these steps and
see if they get similar results or can point out something I'm missing.

Thanks, Jim