[MlMt] Tags/Keywords and Gmail Labels

Mon Sep 12 05:39:00 EDT 2016

On 10 Sep 2016, at 22:42, Jim McCarty wrote:

>> Debugging is easier if you can describe as simple steps as possible
>> to reproduce an issue with a single message (if possible). Then I can
>> try to reproduce it.
>
> The steps are pretty simple.
> 1) select a message in a Gmail folder. I chose a folder with 22
> messages, none of the messages have the Tag applied and can be seen by
> creating a smart mailbox that looks for the Tag (it is empty)

How exactly is this tag configured? (Display name and IMAP keyword.)

> 2) add the Tag to the message -- the Tag should not have anything in
> the Gmail Label column
> 3) verify the message shows in the smart mailbox that shows messages
> with the Tag
> 4) add the Gmail Label to the Tag in Preferences

What is the name of the Gmail label?

> What I see after step 4 is the message no longer is shown in the smart
> mailbox. What does show in there are 3 messages I sent ([Gmail]/Sent
> Mail) to the mailing list the Gmail folder was for. They now have the
> tag applied but not by me.
>
> Removing the Gmail Label from the Tag brings the original message back
> plus the 3 messages that correspond to the 3 sent messages, they now
> have the Tag applied, too. I now have 7 messages showing in the smart
> mailbox.

Ok, I can try to reproduce this if you answer the questions above.

(The most important thing is that it works for you if you create the tag
including the Gmail label before starting to tag messages.)