[MlMt] mailmate Digest, Vol 66, Issue 22

Esteban Umerez Argaia esteban at umerez.eu
Fri Sep 9 11:50:37 EDT 2016

That’s right, MailMate fetches emails when focusing on the folder. And
there does not seem to be an easy solution, since I do want to
automatically sync my mail when I’m on my regular schedule. What I
want to do is, every once in a while, “ok, I need to concentrate on
this project for the next 3 hours, so I don’t want to know that I have
any unattended emails, but I still want to be able to launch MailMate
and draft or send messages if something comes up to my mind”.

So far, turning off every notification on MailMate, hiding the Mailboxes
sidebar and focusing on an empty folder seems to do the trick. I still
tend to go to my Inbox and freak out with any new message, but I guess
that’s a behavior I have to learn to change.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Esteban