[MlMt] Changing labels in gmail does not reflect in mailmate

Thu Sep 8 03:56:34 EDT 2016

On 8 Sep 2016, at 2:58, Vincent Danen wrote:

> I've removed some labels in the gmail web interface and those show up
> fine in mailmate, and one that I've added shows up fine.  I used to
> have a bunch of "context" labels like @ACTION and @WAITINGFOR and
> realized the other day that only half of them are showing up.
>
> When I go to edit subscriptions, I see them in the list and they're
> checked off but they're not showing in my folder list.  So I changed
> the labels in gmail hoping to encourage mailmate to pick them up
> (changed them from @SOMETHING to _SOMETHING) and now all (but one) of
> my @ labels are gone, but none of the new ones are showing up.

Have you mapped tag names to any of these Gmail labels (in the Tags
preferences pane)? That would trigger MailMate to hide the Gmail label
mailboxes.

> I've since upgraded to r5261 and now the edit subscriptions button
> throws an error (Error: "") so I can't see if they're listed there or
> not.

That's bad and probably related to my recent changes to OAuth2
authentication. I would very much like to debug that. I'll contact you
off list.

> Any ideas what's happening?  Not sure why half of the "@" labels would
> show up and the other half wouldn't; they're all set to show in IMAP.

I suspect it might be related to tags as described above, but you can
also try relaunching MailMate to make 100% it detects changes in the
reported IMAP mailboxes.