[MlMt] Feature Request: BCC warning/intro

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Wed Sep 7 17:20:48 EDT 2016

On 7 Sep 2016, at 17:05, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> That's what I do, too, which suggests an even more stringent mechanism: put the original To/Cc lines into the body of the bcc copy.  Yes, it's an extra SMTP, but so is doing it manually.

FWIW, I do not use BCC either (some people use to too much, like instead of mailing lists or alias expansion on server side), but WHEN I do it, I would like it to be more clear. Sure, in some cases I send the first mail, and then forward the sent mail to the "bcc" recipient like "FYI, look what I did send". But then maybe THAT should be the feature (which seems to be similar to what you suggest as well)?

   paf