[MlMt] Feature Request: BCC warning/intro

Thu Sep 8 03:29:43 EDT 2016

On 7 Sep 2016, at 23:20, Patrik Fältström wrote:

> On 7 Sep 2016, at 17:05, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>
>> That's what I do, too, which suggests an even more stringent
>> mechanism: put the original To/Cc lines into the body of the bcc
>> copy.  Yes, it's an extra SMTP, but so is doing it manually.
>
> FWIW, I do not use BCC either (some people use to too much, like
> instead of mailing lists or alias expansion on server side), but WHEN
> I do it, I would like it to be more clear. Sure, in some cases I send
> the first mail, and then forward the sent mail to the "bcc" recipient
> like "FYI, look what I did send". But then maybe THAT should be the
> feature (which seems to be similar to what you suggest as well)?

Both of the above are interesting ideas. The latter might be less
confusing for recipients since it'll just automate what several of you
already do instead of using `Bcc:`. It's also closer to what MailMate
can already do. In fact, I think it might be possible to create a bundle
command which offered some kind of “Send and Forward” command, but
to really work well then it would probably also require me to add a bit
of functionality. I'll give it some thought.