[MlMt] New version broke fonts?

Seebs mailmate-list at seebs.net
Thu Sep 1 15:20:21 EDT 2016

On 1 Sep 2016, at 14:09, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 1 Sep 2016, at 21:05, Seebs wrote:
>
>> I note also, on the main window, the toolbar no longer works in
>> text-only. Instead of textual buttons for the three actions, you get
>> the word "Actions". I actually really liked having buttons labeled
>> "Archive" or "Move to Junk", because words are more reliable for me
>> than images.
>
> This one is for you and anyone like-minded:
>
> 	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmUseOldToolbar -bool YES

Yay.

> The “Format ▸ Show Fonts” affects the part of the GUI which has
> the focus. It seemed like a good idea when I implemented it a long
> time ago, but it doesn't really work well and many users have trouble
> using it. It does allow you to change the font of most parts of the
> GUI.
>
> (I should instead implement an explicit list of fonts somewhere in the
> preferences.)

Ah-hah! That worked. And I note that I can move focus with the font
window open, then click on the font I've got selected, and everything
works. Woo!

Thanks!

Hmm. Okay, so, I think I figured out how to stop doing the "embedded
HTML"
thing, which I pretty much never want. But in the process of things, I
ended
up trying to copy text from a Sent Message. And the sent message was
displayed
with vertical lines left of things, instead of >. And pasting that tried
start embedding HTML, which isn't what I wanted, and didn't preserve the
 >s,
which is also not what I wanted. Going to the "view raw message" thing
got me
the actual raw text.

So is there a straightforward way to indicate "please only send plain
text,
even if I do a thing which might otherwise suggest I'm thinking about
HTML"?

-s