[MlMt] New version broke fonts?

Thu Sep 1 15:09:48 EDT 2016

On 1 Sep 2016, at 21:05, Seebs wrote:

> I note also, on the main window, the toolbar no longer works in
> text-only. Instead of textual buttons for the three actions, you get
> the word "Actions". I actually really liked having buttons labeled
> "Archive" or "Move to Junk", because words are more reliable for me
> than images.

This one is for you and anyone like-minded:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmUseOldToolbar -bool YES

> Also the composer seems to have changed fonts, and maybe that's
> because I clicked reset fonts, but I don't see how to change fonts for
> a specific thing, there's just a single "show fonts" selector that
> appears to affect the message list?

The “Format ▸ Show Fonts” affects the part of the GUI which has
the focus. It seemed like a good idea when I implemented it a long time
ago, but it doesn't really work well and many users have trouble using
it. It does allow you to change the font of most parts of the GUI.

(I should instead implement an explicit list of fonts somewhere in the
preferences.)