[MlMt] Editing learned recipients.

aisrael alain.israel at pasteur.fr
Sat Jun 25 11:47:35 EDT 2016

I have basically the same issue : if MM were to use my Sent folder,  it
would not remember anything as the folder is essentially empty (only the
address book would be remembered).  Does MM remember everything that has
been once in the Sent folder (before being stored in a different
folder), or only the messages which are currently located in the Sent
folder? If I look now in the Address panel, I find 9 addresses, which
seems consistent with the second hypothesis, and makes the system
useless if you don’t keep mails in the Sent folder.
  Is there a way that the app could remember every address it sees,
whether received or sent? This is basically the way Thunderbird used to
work (which is not necessarily a good argument, but this was quite
powerful). Do I understand this wrong, or is there a workaround so that
MM uses something else than the Sent folder to collect addresses? Is it
possible for example to create a smart mailboxes that would contain ALL
messages which have been sent, and to instruct MM to use that mailbox to
collect and remember addresses?

Otherwise the solution is to enter every new address by hand in the
Address book, which is awfully cumbersome.

Alain