[MlMt] will MailMate be a good mail mate for me?

Fri Jun 17 11:10:26 EDT 2016

On 16 Jun 2016, at 17:45, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> I guess I need to dig deeper into the settings since I haven't seen
> such a thing in Mailmate so far. Also, if the sync periodicity is not
> matched across all mailboxes, it won't help me much. I need definite
> time spans when no new mail comes at all.

I'm afraid that's not how it currently works. The best you can do is to
set them to “Manual”. This might be fine if you only access these
mailboxes from MailMate. Server->Client synchronization is only relevant
if you use other IMAP clients to move messages or you have server side
filtering. (Client->Server synchronization is always enabled.)

> One question: When I started Mailmate, it asked me to access my
> Address Book, which I refused. I keep the mail-related addressbook
> only in Eudora. The system addressbook serves a different purpose.
> However, I do not see any menu items related to an addressbook in
> Mailmate. Is it possible that it requires to use the system address
> book or I am just not seeing it yet?

The addressbook (Contacts) is used for email address completion in the
Composer window, but MailMate also looks for addresses in your sent
messages mailbox.

You can find context-sensitive menu items in the headers view for the
address book and there is also an Address Lookup button in the Composer
window.