[MlMt] will MailMate be a good mail mate for me?

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Fri Jun 17 02:04:11 EDT 2016

On 16 Jun 2016, at 17:45, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> I am planning to archive all my Eudora mailboxes in Mail Archiver, which should give me easy enough access to past mail preserving the old structure which I know well, and start Mailmate fresh, with just the most recent mails. I have 19 years of mails in Eudora and I don't believe that such a collection can transfer cleanly, so I won't even try.

FWIW, I created a special IMAP account that I use for archiving, and then moved all messages I wanted to archive to it. Every month (by the use of virtual mailboxes in MM) I move all "old" messages to the archive. All IMAP accounts (including the archive one) are sync:ed with MM (and all messages are because of that cached locally).

I have almost 20 years of email, >2M messages, adding 12-15k each month.

People asked me some months ago "how I deal with my email" and I wrote a blog post about it:

<https://stupid.domain.name/node/1895>

   Patrik