[MlMt] Subscriptions

Marco Carmosino marco at ntime.org
Sat Jun 11 12:37:05 EDT 2016

Hi,

Apple just introduced subscription pricing for apps on the app store.
Maybe this opens up some new revenue possibilities for MailMate, in
terms of how users are willing to pay for great software? I'm not saying
MailMate should move to any kind of app store, but if Benny could find a
way to (directly) charge me $50 a year for MailMate I would sign up
immediately.

Would anyone else be interested in this? Obviously it would be have to
be worth Benny's time to build out such a feature/payment infastructure,
in terms of enough people being willing to subscribe.

To be clear, I don't really *want* anything for the subscription, beyond
knowing that I'm supporting ongoing development of MailMate instead of a
one-and-done purchase. Maybe there could be some kind of bling next to
my license number in the "registration" menu, like a unicode star or
happy face or something.

best,

-- marco