[MlMt] Controlling where sent messages that are NOT replies get saved

Sun Jan 31 03:21:25 EST 2016

On 30 Jan 2016, at 17:50, Sam Hathaway wrote:

> My remaining problem is:
>
> * When I compose a new message and send it, the sent message gets
> saved to my “Sent” folder.
>
> * I tried to fix this by giving each account’s INBOX the Mailbox
> Type “Sent Messages”. But when I do that, MailMate forces the
> message list for each INBOX to show the “To” column, and I can’t
> uncheck that column.

I don't really know if setting the INBOX to be “Sent Messages”
works, but you can get rid of the To column by changing which column is
the Outline column (the column with the triangles when threading).

I guess this is the proper solution to this problem, but in theory
MailMate does not currently support assigning multiple types to a single
IMAP mailbox. The INBOX is kind of a special case though and it seems to
kind of work for you.

> * I also considered using MmSentMailbox, but that appears to be a
> global setting (not a per-account setting) and I need sent messages to
> go to the inbox of the account they were sent from.

This setting only controls which messages are shown by the universal
Sent Messages mailbox. For example, you could create a smart mailbox
which only contains emails sent from you and then use that as
`MmSentMailbox`.