[MlMt] Controlling where sent messages that are NOT replies get saved

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Sat Jan 30 11:50:16 EST 2016

Maybe I’m just being dense, but I still have a gap in my understanding
about how to keep sent mail out of the “Sent” mailbox. Please bear
with me.

Here’s what I know:

* Setting MmMoveSentRepliesToMailboxOfRepliedMessage to TRUE takes care
of making sure that if I reply to a message in “Folder A”, the reply
gets saved to “Folder A” as well.

* Setting MmAddressCompletionMailbox to the UUID of a smart mailbox I
created that contains all messages “From” any of my email addresses
takes of making completions work.

My remaining problem is:

* When I compose a new message and send it, the sent message gets saved
to my “Sent” folder.

* I tried to fix this by giving each account’s INBOX the Mailbox Type
“Sent Messages”. But when I do that, MailMate forces the message
list for each INBOX to show the “To” column, and I can’t uncheck
that column.

* I also considered using MmSentMailbox, but that appears to be a global
setting (not a per-account setting) and I need sent messages to go to
the inbox of the account they were sent from.

So my question is:

* How can I make MailMate save sent messages that are NOT replies in the
INBOX of the account they were sent from, without forcing the INBOX to
have a “To” column?

Thanks!
-sam