[MlMt] Update to Visualize bundle

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Fri Jan 29 19:21:36 EST 2016

Hello MailMate users,

I pushed an update to the Visualize bundle today and thanks to Benny it
is now available through the Bundles tab in MailMate Preferences.

Visualize lets you, well, visualize your email history. You can select a
few messages (or a lot, I've tested it with up to 20,000 emails**), and
plot those emails by sender or over time. You can also save those plots
to pngs for archiving or sharing.

The update adds a line plot of daily totals to the Emails by Time page.
You can choose the color for the scatterplot and line plot, and can also
apply a moving mean to the line plot if the graph covers a large section
of time.

https://github.com/sheriferson/Visualize.mmBundle/blob/master/screenshots/by_time_scatterplot.png

https://github.com/sheriferson/Visualize.mmBundle/blob/master/screenshots/by_time_scatterplot_pink_movmean.png

Next up on my list is creating a statistics page that gives you
different summaries/notes about the emails you selected, plotting by
month and by year in Emails by Time (if the emails span more than one
year), and visualizing recipient of emails, which is a bit trickier than
visualizing the senders because each email has only one sender, but
potentially many recipients.

Let me know if you have any feedback. You can report any issues on the
bundle's GitHub issues page:
https://github.com/sheriferson/Visualize.mmBundle/issues

Cheers,

Sherif

** I've actually tested it with over 100,000 messages, but it starts to
take a few seconds longer to process and render at that point. Your
mileage will vary depending on your machine.