[MlMt] possible to show icon/photo for the sender (or any contact for that matter) ?

Vlad Ghitulescu Vlad at Ghitulescu.de
Sat Jan 23 06:20:02 EST 2016

Hello!

On 18 Jan 2016, at 9:43, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 18 Jan 2016, at 9:09, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>
>> is $subject possible ?
>
> Not easily.
>
>> I'm horribly bad with names but great with faces so would be awesome
>> if mailmate
>> could show the sender contact photo in the header and if possible
>> when hovering
>> a contact name.
>>
>> Is any of this possible ? any hidden preference ?
>
> The closest would be to inject something in the HTML generation. This
> might be easier when I've finished my (major) changes to message
> display/generation, but it would still require some kind of script
> which can retrieve/manage user images (I guess it should mainly be
> able to retrieve an image from Contacts). That's probably the hard
> part :-)

Look what I've found yesterday in John Voorhees' article *MailButler
Adds New Tools to Apple Mail* at MacStories
(https://www.macstories.net/reviews/mailbutler-adds-new-tools-to-apple-mail/)

*(…)
**Sender Avatars and Signatures**

The most noticeable change that MailButler makes to Mail when you first
open it is the addition of avatars for most senders. MailButler pulls
images from Contacts, Facebook, Flicker, Gravatar, Google+, and the web
to create the avatars. Each avatar includes a small icon indicating its
source. Most of the avatars in my inbox were pulled from the web and
many looked a little rough because they were not Retina graphics, but on
balance the feature worked well to help me identify senders at a glance.
(…)*

Would this be a solution / idea?

Regards,
Vlad