[MlMt] How to make a smart mailbox for a Mailing List?

Fri Jan 15 17:24:11 EST 2016

On 15 Jan 2016, at 23:04, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:

> I would like to make a smart mailbox in MailMate that contains all of
> the mails from the BBEdit-Talk Google Discussion-Group.
>
> All of the mails in this group have in the To-field this email-address
>bbedit at googlegroups.com“, so I have made a smart mailbox with the
> condition showed in the attachment.
>
> However the mailbox doesn’t seem to work: I see only a single email
> in this mailbox but I have a couple more in my Inbox.
>
> What have I done wrong?

You already got some advice, but just to answer this question: You
should not use `"<...>"` since the less/greater than symbols are not
necessarily part of the To header. Also, it is always better to use the
“is” comparison method instead of “contains” when possible (and
it's most often possible). In this case, the best condition would
probably be:

	To ▸ Address [is] “bbedit at googlegroups.com”

Let me know if that does not work.