[MlMt] How to make a smart mailbox for a Mailing List?

Vlad Ghitulescu Vlad at Ghitulescu.de
Sat Jan 16 05:05:27 EST 2016

Hello, Benny!

On 15 Jan 2016, at 23:24, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 15 Jan 2016, at 23:04, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:
>
>> I would like to make a smart mailbox in MailMate that contains all of
>> the mails from the BBEdit-Talk Google Discussion-Group.
>>
>> All of the mails in this group have in the To-field this
>> email-address „bbedit at googlegroups.com“, so I have made a smart
>> mailbox with the condition showed in the attachment.
>>
>> However the mailbox doesn’t seem to work: I see only a single email
>> in this mailbox but I have a couple more in my Inbox.
>>
>> What have I done wrong?
>
> You already got some advice,

Yes, clear and helpful - thanks again! The mailing list is becoming a
strong argument for MailMate too :-)

> but just to answer this question: You should not use `"<...>"` since
> the less/greater than symbols are not necessarily part of the To
> header.

Oh, I didn’t see this!
I’ve just copied an email-address from the BBEdit-Talk-Googlegroup and
probably it was copied in this form.

> Also, it is always better to use the “is” comparison method
> instead of “contains” when possible (and it's most often
> possible).

That was how I had first made the rule, but it listed only one email so
I’ve begun to make the condition less strict.

> In this case, the best condition would probably be:
>
> 	To ▸ Address [is] “bbedit at googlegroups.com
Understood!

> Let me know if that does not work.

It work well now, thanks!