[MlMt] using Mailto leads to plain text instead of Markdown -solutions?

Wed Jan 13 10:48:52 EST 2016

On 13 Jan 2016, at 16:26, Jason Davies wrote:

> So I've munged together a mailto calculation which FM opens as a URL
> and sets Mailmate into action, which is working great except that it's
> making Mailmate go to plain text instead of Markdown for these new
> messages. The preferences have 'Enable Markdown for new messages' and
> I can't think of anything else to check. If I create a new message
> manually it does have markdown enabled.
>
> I'm on build r8197 beta build.

Wauw ;-)

> Am I missing something obvious here?;)

No, I've disabled Markdown for `mailto:` URLs when a `body` parameter is
provided. I did this, because the classic use of `mailto:` (a link on
some homepage) would naturally not use Markdown and could be
misinterpreted by MailMate.

If I remember correctly then I couldn't see any security issues with
allowing the body to be interpreted as Markdown.

I'm not sure how it's best to improve this. I could introduce a
non-standard `markdown-body` parameter which would avoid ambiguities,
but some users would likely also want Markdown enabled for existing
`body`-URLs. I could do both or I could just make it optional how `body`
should be interpreted...