[MlMt] check whether a recipient is in a certain group?

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:11:45 EST 2016

On 25 Feb 2016, at 9:42, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 23 Feb 2016, at 17:10, Shoshanna Green wrote:
>
>> Keeping the list in the BCC line of a dummy draft email message
>> didn't work, because the BCC addresses were lost every time the draft
>> was saved. (Or maybe when MailMate was restarted. It's been a while.)
>
> This sounds like a bug. Let me know if it's reproducible.

Yes, I just reproduced it in r5226. I created a test message from this
address, and in the BCC line I put this address (which is auto-added by
whatever preference that is to always BCC myself) and a second address.
Then I closed the window with command-W and clicked Save to save as a
draft. When I opened the draft from my Drafts folder (without restarting
MailMate), the second BCC address was missing, although this one was
still there. I added the second address again, closed, saved, and
reopened the draft, and again it was gone.

>> Of course, the new risk is that I might accidentally send that dummy
>> message, with its (currently) hundred-and-thirty-odd recipient
>> addresses all visible.
>
> If you added the message to a dummy IMAP account with no SMTP settings
> then you should be quite safe. An empty subject and body would also
> trigger warnings.

I'm not sure how to set up a dummy IMAP account, but that does sound
like a good idea! Currently the subject line and body of the dummy
message are apologies for sending it out, just in case I ever do...

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com