[MlMt] One machine not synchronizing

Mon Feb 1 04:45:31 EST 2016

On 31 Jan 2016, at 21:03, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> Right now, I'm sitting at my desktop, with my laptop open next to me.
> Messages that I've marked as 'read' on the desktop show that way on my
> phone but not on the laptop.  Manually synchronizing the affected
> folders on the laptop hasn't helped, nor has quitting and restarting
> MailMate.  Both are running 5187.  Suggestions?

Since the iPhone shows the updated state then we'll focus on the laptop.

I assume the mailbox is online and new messages do arrive?

In that case, I suspect the problem is somehow related to so-called
MODSEQ values (IMAP implementation detail). This can be a server bug
and/or a MailMate bug. You can try to *quit MailMate* and then edit this
file in a text editor:

	~/Library/Application\
Support/MailMate/Messages/IMAP/<account>/State.plist

Then remove the `highest_modseq` value from the related mailbox in the
account and then launch MailMate.

This should trigger MailMate to synchronize all IMAP keywords of all
messages in the mailbox.