[MlMt] remove attachment

Sat Dec 17 05:55:46 EST 2016

On 16 Dec 2016, at 16:31, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 16 Dec 2016, at 16:29, Alain Israel wrote:
>
>> I guess Gmail does not consider it a duplicate as the attachment is
>> missing????
>
> Yes, it indicates that MailMate somehow fails to delete the original
> which is why I think the problem is likely to be MailMate -- and maybe
> not limited to Gmail.

I looked into this and I cannot find the problem. MailMate uploads the
new version of the message and then deletes the old one. Gmail appears
to accept this and does not appear to think of it as a duplicate. I
thought that setting the Gmail IMAP settings as follows would solve it,
but this appears to have no effect:

![](cid:3B8FF711-62FC-414D-A43B-E20260087C5D at freron.com "Screen Shot
2016-12-17 at 11.34.06.png")

For some reason, the old message (with the attachment) is stored in
“[Gmail]/All Mail”. The reason it appears in Gmail to still be in
the original mailbox is because Gmail is “smart” when it finds
messages with belong to the same conversation even if those messages are
not in the same mailbox. This is also why it does not appear to exist in
MailMate. If you subscribe to the “[Gmail]/All Mail” folder then
it'll actually turn up here (eventually).

I'm not really sure what, if anything, I can do about this, but you can
certainly add it to my long list of gripes with Gmail.