[MlMt] remove attachment

Fri Dec 16 10:25:31 EST 2016

On 16 Dec 2016, at 16:14, Verdon Vaillancourt wrote:

> It seems to work in a couple initial tests. I am testing against a
> exim/dovecot server and against a gmail account. I’m not sure yet,
> as I find gmail’s web interface very confusing, but I may actually
> have two copies of the test message in my gmail account (when I visit
> in a browser) one with the attachments, and one with the attachments
> removed. I’ll try to verify or disprove that. It looks correct in
> Mailmate though.

Thanks. I haven't tested Gmail, but (as usual) Gmail is a special case.
When MailMate updates an email on the server then it first uploads the
new version and then deletes the old version. This is naturally to be
safe in case something goes wrong in the middle of the process. But
Gmail enforces that emails must be unique. Duplicates cannot exist. It's
not clear what exactly a duplicate is or what happens when uploading a
duplicate since Google (as far as I know) does not document the exact
behavior.