[MlMt] Timeout when setting up SSL/TLS.

Sat Dec 3 02:21:21 EST 2016

On 3 Dec 2016, at 1:17, Han Trinh wrote:

> I just sent you my server logs from my work account that I’m having
> the issues with smtp.office365.com on port 587.  The issue happens
> intermittently but very often. The only way I can recover is to keep
> retrying or by closing and restarting MailMate.

Thanks for the logs. I don't mind receiving more logs from more users
with this issue.

> Note: setting smtp.office365.com to port 25 (with SSL) doesn’t work.
>  I can’t send any emails through that setup.  So had to switch it
> back to port 587.

I don't think it's open on port 25 at all.

> I wonder if something happened recently with office 365’s SMTP
> servers, or perhaps a bug in an apple os update?   Hopefully there is
> something we can do to help alleviate or fix this issue.

I'm pretty sure it's a MailMate bug, but I cannot look into the details
before Sunday or Monday.

There's probably a workaround though. Try port `587p` instead of `587`.
I believe this would force MailMate to behave correctly.