[MlMt] Devonthink

Roger Bohn r2newslet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:32:40 EDT 2016

Devonthink is overkill - it has a lot of document management
capabilities that are not needed. (And the price reflects it.) Managing
PDFs, taking notes and excerpts from them, linking among documents,
built-in OCR, and on and on.

For about 10 years I have used EagleFiler for archiving email. It’s
written by the same person who does SpamSieve, and managing giant email
is one of its main use cases. $40 and well supported.
https://c-command.com/eaglefiler/

I would only consider Devonthink you have OTHER uses for it. If not,
check Eaglefiler.
Roger

On 25 Aug 2016, at 7:38, Howard Wettstein wrote:

> I’m intrigued by comments about Devonthink. Could someone give me a
> brief description of the program and how it works? I don’t mean a
> technical account, just a short message about how to use it, what it
> does, etc. Or a link to where I can find such a descriptions. I’ver
> used Evernote for years, love it, and it seems there is overlap.
>
> Thanks.
> Howie

Prof. Roger Bohn
Professor, School of Global Policy and Strategy
UC San Diego
+1 858 381-2015 cell/text  Blog: Art2science.org