[MlMt] email getting stuck until a restart

Steven M. Bellovin smb at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Aug 18 10:39:59 EDT 2016

Last week, while on an airplane, I composed several emails.  WiFi was on
so that I could watch the flight info map, but since I did not pay for
Internet access the email couldn't go out.  That was fine; it was what I
expected.  I did receive pop-ups asking about certificate mismatches;
naturally, I declined to let MailMate continue.  However...  when I got
home and was properly online, the emails did not go out.  Instead, when
I restarted MailMate after a system crash, they went out, confusing my
recipients.