[MlMt] lack of focus

Kee Hinckley kee at hinckley.com
Sun Apr 10 15:13:33 EDT 2016

On 10 Apr 2016, at 14:18, Billy Youdelman wrote:

> Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing something like a *lack of focus* :-): I switch from
>> another application to MailMate, the screen changes to the space
>> where MailMate resides **BUT** the focus remains on the previous
>> application :-(
>>
>> I mostly discover this after trying some keyboard-shortcuts specific
>> to MailMate and wondering why they don't work… until I see the name
>> of the current active application near the black apple upper left.
>>
>> Does somebody else experience something similar?
>
> Oh, yes, every day, several times a day.  Apple have gotten incredibly
> sloppy with this.  And if you prefer the icon view (Command 1) for
> items in folders, there's even more slop there.
>
> Sad, but true.  The one sure thing here is this is not MailMate's
> fault...

Ditto. You have to go click elsewhere and then come back. Very annoying.
And I'm pretty sure it's not just MailMate.

I've also twice hit a bizarre input problem where my keyboards are still
recognized (I can bring down the keyboard menu and see them move as I
type), and command keys work, and keys work in apps without input areas
(e.g. LaunchBar). **But I can't type in any input area in any app, not
even iTerm.** I don't know yet if that's a Mac problem, or due to the
plethora of apps I have that intercept the keyboard stream, but it's
_real_ annoying. Reboot is the only solution I've found.