[MlMt] Unquoted Body Text not found by search

Fri Sep 25 03:10:58 EDT 2015

On 21 Sep 2015, at 18:13, Shoshanna Green wrote:

> I just received an email that mentioned a person's name; call her Jane
> Smith. I answered the sender, quoting the original email, including
> the bit with "Jane Smith". Then I thought I'd like to have the email
> and my reply included in one of my existing smart mailboxes.
>
> When I add the condition "Unquoted Body Text contains Smith," the
> original email is not included in the smart mailbox. But when I add
> the condition "Quoted Body Text contains Smith," my reply is included.

If you can share the emails with me (off list) then I can review them.
It sounds like the original email is not indexed correctly. A wild guess
is that it's somehow related to the use of HTML and a badly formatted
plain text alternative.

Sorry about the late response. I've been spending some time fighting
Gmail (again). Gmail users might want to try the latest test version
(r5134+). Moving emails (in particular from/to “[Gmail]/All Mail”)
should be more robust now, but there might be unexpected issues since
the behavior of Gmail IMAP is essentially undocumented. Earlier test
releases should also improve the behavior of MailMate when using the
Gmail label mapping to tags feature (Tags preferences pane). Also, when
subscribed, the “[Gmail]/All Mail” folder is kept in an IDLE state
like the INBOX. This should improve performance since it's expensive to
synchronize this mailbox from scratch.

As a general bonus, MailMate now uses the IMAP MOVE command whenever
this is made available by an IMAP server (Gmail, FastMail, ...). For
many servers this doesn't really make much of a difference although it
does make the generation of duplicates less likely (impossible?) with
unstable network connections -- and it also reduces the risk of server
quota problems when moving large sets of messages.

Feedback is welcome.