[MlMt] ListMate - for those with too many mailing lists

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Thu Sep 3 06:08:40 EDT 2015

On 2015-09-02 23:53:21 (+0200), Max Rydahl Andersen
<max.andersen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Current implementation is super simple.

Yeah.  I'm tempted to try to patch moderation in myself but I'm lazy and
you seem to be having fun. ;)

> Pass the proper list-* header to script that finds the first http url
> and opens it.
>
> With approve I reckon you'll need a bit more
> But if it can be deduced from the headers in your mail we could.

Actually, it should be fairly simple because you can approve or reject
the message via email.  No need to go to the web interface.  The mailman
moderation messages look exactly like "confirm your subscription"
messages.  If you reply to them without changing the subject, the
moderated message gets discarded.  If you include an "Approved:
moderator-password" header (or first line of the body) in your reply,
the moderator message gets approved.

> Can you share the headers of a mail you want approve to be available
> for ?

I've uploaded an example spam message to
https://trouble.is/~philip/mailmate-list-spam-to-reject.eml.

The tricky bit is that you have to reply to the right part of the
multipart message: the email part with 'confirm ...' in the subject.
I'm not sure if the bundle mechanism of MailMate supports that yet...?

In Mutt I would reply to the appropriate part with 'v' in the index,
select the 'confirm...' part, then 'r' and either send unedited or add
an "Approved: ..." header.  I've not found a way to to reply to an
attached email in MailMate yet.  MailMate seems to treat multipart
messages with messages attached as other attachments and only offers to
download or open in Mail.app.  But I've not looked at this in much
detail yet.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps