[MlMt] duplicate messages on move to other mailbox

Fri Oct 23 11:08:42 EDT 2015

On 23 Oct 2015, at 15:39, Jason Davies wrote:

> 3) I've now verified it happens when I move the message manually and
> no rules are being applied.

Ok, so rules are not involved at all.

> You seem to say I would have to 'catch' it in the activity monitor but
> that doesn't stay at the end for than a fraction of a second.

Yes, you can only scroll when there is no activity. Do like this
instead:

* Open the Activity Viewer.
* Trigger the issue.
* Use “Help ▸ Send Server Logs”.

Then I can review what happens.

> This is making Mailmate completely unusable for me, unfortunately, as
> I rely on marking messages read for my to-do workflow. Obviously,
> duplicates that I have to remove manually destroy that as I then
> encounter another unread version...

I'll naturally do what I can to track down the issue. It's probably
somehow related to the IMAP server you are using, but we'll see.

> If there's a way to track it and diagnose, I'd be grateful. I'm
> tempted to uninstall and do a fresh one (annoying but less annoying
> than the duplication!)

Don't do that. It won't solve the problem.