[MlMt] Feature Request: Smart Restore from Backup (maybe)

Kee Hinckley kee+freron at hinckley.com
Thu Oct 15 13:17:29 EDT 2015

I just had a disk go bad and had to restore from my Time Machine backup, which means that MailMate spotted a mismatch between its database and file information. Which is exactly what I would expect for a backup from an active machine.

It offers two options. Restore from IMAP, and Restore from Disk. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how the restore works, but I assumed that Restore from IMAP was the only correct solution. However, that works by tossing all the files in the trash and then downloading (11G) of mail from my servers.

What I'd like is a restore option that looks at what's on disk and syncs it up with what's on IMAP, removing/adding as necessary. Would restoring from disk have done that? Or would that be a new option?

Sent from my iPad