[MlMt] determining whether Markdown is active

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:07:05 EST 2015

Is there a way to programmatically determine whether Markdown is active
in the current message draft?

I'm trying to write a Keyboard Maestro macro that takes certain actions
depending on whether or not Markdown is active, and the popup menu at
the top of a message draft isn't recognized by KM as a menu, a button,
or anything else. I have to have KM search the screen for the graphic
image of the "Plain text" option and act according to whether it's found
or not, which is slow and clumsy. Is there an environment variable, an
Applescript or other script query, a menu item whose state is dependent
on whether Markdown is active, anything I can use to make this
determination more elegantly?

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com