[MlMt] Sorting organize-by-thread

Kee Hinckley kee+freron at hinckley.com
Thu Mar 26 11:54:53 EDT 2015

I know I've said this before, and I know it's on the backlog somewhere,
but if I could get *one* change in MailMate, it would be to sort threads
by the most-recent date, not the oldest. The fact is I have way too many
messages in my inbox (10K). If someone replies to a message from a week
ago, I'm simply not going to see it if I have threading turned on.
Because that doesn't work, I can't use threading in my main window. I
have a side window that shows the thread (actually, common subjects) of
the currently selected item. At least that makes it fairly easy for me
to browse the thread, even if it leaves the main mail window overly
cluttered. I know, I'm asking for a feature that helps enable my bad
habits. :)

I don't know if you're interested in going the bid-on-feature route, but
I'll fire off $100 to Freron Software if this feature becomes available.

     —kee