[MlMt] compose window cc box

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Thu Jun 18 15:46:31 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I was sure this was going to be a question easily answered by poking around configuration panes or searching the FAQ, but I can't find anything. Probably I'm just inviting ridicule for not checking again, but I'll ask anyway, if for no other reason than criticism is a levelling force for good if you invite it with sufficient verbosity. Or so I've heard.

When I compose a new message, by default I get a "To" input box and a "Subject" input box. I can make "cc", "bcc" and "reply to" input boxes appear by choosing them from the drop-down menu to the left of the "Signature" drop-down box.

Turns out I never want to use bcc or reply-to, but I regularly need the cc, regularly enough that I've decided it's irritating to have to select it every time.

How can I make an input box for "cc" appear automagically, by default, when I compose a new message?

Thanks,

Joe